The best GTM teams are defined by their ability to carry meaningful business conversations with their customers, at every level of the organization and in every stage of the buyer journey. As sales professionals and leaders, this is what we strive for. We want to engage decision-makers, bring a relevant POV, drive meaningful business conversations, and make the case for change. So we invest in training, coaching, methodologies, account planning, quarterly reviews, and myriad other programs that all boil down to simple questions: do you know your customer’s business? Can you use that knowledge to solve their top challenges?
But here’s the rub. Do GTM teams consistently meet these expectations? Have leaders set a clear standard for the necessary business insights that they expect? How do reps find these insights, knowing they are scattered across 10K’s, earnings calls, blogs, social media, and beyond? And what about keeping those insights up-to-date?
Let's face it: very few organizations have a programmatic and scalable approach. That's the gap that we saw.
At rule5, we understand these challenges all too well. We’ve lived them ourselves as both IC’s and leaders, and we know from experience how this separates the elite performers from the rest. And that's why we decided to do something about it. Our vision is to supercharge productivity and performance by bringing critical, relevant business insights into the very fabric of sales execution at every step in the sales process.
The rule5 platform leverages generative AI to automate the process of setting a consistently high standard for customer insights, curating and summarizing these insights, and creating the assets needed to engage and grow your customers. We integrate with existing workflows in CRM, email, and email automation. And we augment this highly curated outside-in account intelligence with your own content from CRM, Content Management Systems, and Customer Success systems. rule5 turbocharges sales rep productivity, enabling them to learn about their accounts, tailor their message, and generate sales assets in a fraction of the time, leaving maximum time to engage with their prospects and customers and deliver value.
We cater to a range of use cases. Starting with account research using rule5GPT, you can generate personalized and contextual email responses, generate POV slide decks in pdf or ppt format, share your rule5GPT conversation with your account team, generate exec summaries of your account, generate propensity scores for account prioritization, generate personalized prospecting messages (email, LinkedIn and talk tracks), generate account plans, complete RFP responses, complete security questionnaires, and combine outside-in content with the buyer’s profile and activities as well as your product and solution collateral to generate targeted, contextual and relevant content for every interaction. And we're just getting started!
Studies say reps spend less than 40% of their time in actual selling. Research and administrative tasks are two of the biggest drags on productivity, accounting for up to a third of rep time. We believe that the automation in rule5 achieves major breakthroughs in productivity and performance. On the productivity side, we automate research and many administrative tasks, giving sellers that much more time to spend with customers. On the performance side, rule5 ensures that account research gets done right, which has an amplifying impact on everything else they do:
1. Improved Sales Performance: With a solid understanding of each account, sales teams can craft more effective strategies, tailor their pitches, and ultimately close deals more efficiently.
2. Enhanced Customer Engagement: By conducting thorough account research, sales representatives can have more meaningful and relevant conversations with prospects, fostering stronger relationships and increasing the likelihood of conversion.
3. Shorter Sales Cycles: In-depth knowledge of the account allows sales teams to quickly identify and address prospects' pain points and needs, resulting in shorter sales cycles and faster deal closures.
4. Better Targeting and Prioritization: A rigorous approach to account research enables sales teams to identify high-potential accounts and prioritize their efforts accordingly, increasing overall sales efficiency.
5. Increased Cross-selling and Upselling Opportunities: Understanding the full scope of an account's needs and challenges allows sales teams to identify opportunities for cross-selling or upselling additional products or services.
6. Higher Customer Retention: By understanding the account's goals and needs, sales representatives can deliver tailored solutions and support, fostering customer loyalty and increasing the likelihood of renewals and long-term relationships.
7. Greater Credibility, Confidence, and Trust: Thorough account research helps sales representatives demonstrate their knowledge of the prospect's industry and business, establishing credibility and building trust, which can lead to more successful sales outcomes.
8. Competitive Advantage: Think about one of your current opportunities and imagine that one of the competitors has rule5 and one of them does not; which of those do you want to be?
9. More Accurate Sales Forecasting: With a deeper understanding of each account, sales teams can better gauge the likelihood of closing deals, resulting in more accurate sales forecasting and better resource allocation.
10. Stronger Team Collaboration: A rigorous approach to account research can lead to better internal communication and collaboration among sales team members, as they share insights and knowledge to develop a cohesive sales strategy for each account.
We Get You. We've Got You.
We've been building technology products and selling them to enterprises for over 25 years. Our expertise is in sales leadership and engineering SaaS products and large scale smart business applications for the enterprise. We've built tech for Google, Oracle, MetricStream, and more. We've sold tech for Qualtrics, Oracle, SAP, and more.
Enterprise sales is hard. We've realized it's easy to build a product, but finding the right customers whose priorities and initiatives align with what you offer is hard. Making the case for change is time consuming, and identifying the intersection of customer initiatives/priorities with capabilities offered along with quantifiable top/bottom line metrics is what eventually matters. Moreover, there are tons of drudgery that takes away reps from actually selling. It is no longer adequate to Google a customer 5 mins before a meeting and be credible and relevant. Not knowing your customer’s priorities, their initiatives, their business challenges and more importantly not knowing about the person you are meeting puts you at such a disadvantage.
What's rule5, and why is there a bicycling image?
Actually, those 2 things are related. You see, rule5 is a term in the cycling community that speaks to the grit and determination to keep going no matter what happens. Out on the trail or on the road, s**t happens. But regardless of weather, trail/road conditions, equipment failures, fatigue, or anything else that gets in your way you just have to dig down deep and find a way to keep going. Sales is full of "s**t happens", but great salespeople keep going anyway. Rock on!